A partial archive of https://score.community/ as of Monday March 04, 2024.

Mobility hubs & potential replication of Trafiken.nu

klantto

Introduction

The Challenge: Connecting different modes of transport in a seamless way is a difficicult and multi-facetted challenges. This ecompasses both the provisioning of multiple modes of transport in a physically accessible setting, and providing accurate information services.

Potential solution: Try use and share the open source solutions from Gothenburg

Example of what it would look like

Participants

• Lead: Gothernburg
  • Support: Bergen, Aarhus, Bradford
  • Testing partners: -

Members: @klantto & Noel Alldrit- Gothenburg; @Mikkel - Aarhus; Chris Eaton - Bradford; @Are - Bergen; @Marjolein Debets - Amsterdam; @craetzsch - Aarhus; Tove Arnsvik Bjurefalk - Johanneberg Science Park, Gothenburg

Anyone is free to join this working group!

Goals

This Challenge Working Group needs to accomplish the following:

• Define working group: Engage the right people in the discussion
  • Common architecture: Assess the available data and technical architecture of involved solution development partners, implementation opportunities in the Living Labs, and what would be reasonable architecture to deploy the solutions on. Template will be provided by the University of Bradford.
  • Research: Researches existing Open Source solutions or libraries that can be adapted and built on.
  • Commit: Ensure internal support in each partner to continue to the solution definition phase.

Once complete, this group will graduate to a solution working group.

Next steps

• April 11: Complete the list of working group members (see below) before
  • April 16: Complete common architecture inventory
  • April 16-20: Working group teleconference for week of April
  • April 26: Update consortium on progress during teleconference
  • May 10: Complete research on existing solutions or libraries
  • May 24: Formal commitment from all partners to continue to solution definition phase

Working group members

Gothenburg

• Problem owner: None yet
  • Product owner: None yet
  • Technical team members: None yet

Aarhus

Bergen

Bradford

Testing partners

• None yet

Other to do’s:

Please keep this post updated. Everyone can edit this Wiki post.

claus

Are

Update from Bergen:
I have checked the functionality of www.trafiken.nu and can’t find the option to compare travel times, costs, environmental impact and so on. This functionality was originally included according to this page, but later removed according to this page. @klantto you showed me these options in Amsterdam, can you please help me along? I also downloaded the app, but no luck there either.

/Are

klantto

https://trafiken.nu/goteborg/reseplanerare/#from=57.720094995935334%2C12.021599767360778&to=57.70756128115697%2C11.974426915003317

Try this link Are.

if it doesn work then call me. +46722-44 27 77

Kim Lantto
Utvecklingsledare Digital Service

GÖTEBORGS STAD
Konsument- och medborgarservice, Webbstrategiska
Telefon: 031-365 00 81 Mobil: 0722-44 27 77
E-post: kim.lantto@goteborg.se
Postadress: Box 113 64, 404 28 Göteborg
Besök: Ekelundsgatan 1

klantto

Hello Friends!

Im meeting up with the right persons for Trafiken.nu next week and will get them onboard so that you all will get an easier connection to the project.
In the mean time i answered Joe this info about what data we use and where to find it.
Now im not 100% sure if i got all datasets and links but it´s a start and more exact data will come once i get the right persons onboard. @maria and i will get this moving. If questions please post them here. / cheers, Kim

Hi Kim

Hope you are well :slight_smile:

The reason for this message is to ask you for some additional info about your app you discussed with Chris at the kick off meeting.

Could you let me know what sort of data would be required for Bradford to get the app up and running? I can then scope the of amount effort required by us to get the data together and if the data is actually available.

Thanks
Joe

Hi Joe!
For www.trafiken.nu there are a bunch of open datasets included but the main ones are:
from the traffic authority sweden: VÄG data (road) can be found here: http://api.trafikinfo.trafikverket.se/API/Model ( roadcondtions ,parking and stuations
from gotheburg: traffic data: goteborg.se/psidata bikedata, trafficdata and so on.
Traffic real time data: https://www.trafikverket.se/datex
Traffic cameras is there aswell.
Trams and public transport: https://developer.vasttrafik.se/portal/#/apis

Hope this is enought. I will CHeck with my College Noel Alldrit if that is all.
Are you good so far Joe? @phezoj

claus

Hi Kim, Maria and Eva,

Thanks for moving things on your side to see if we can replicate trafiken.nu!

@klantto - did you manage to have that meeting with the Trafiken.nu people the week before last?

ps: feel free to also invite them to join the discussion on the community :wink:

klantto

Hi Clause!

I meet with Malin Stoldt who works at the traffic department and is the owner of this product.
She will check with the office how they can prioritize to be involved in score.
Here is her contacts: https://www.linkedin.com/in/malinstoldt/

pjppauwels

Hi all, could you explain to me how the challenge and solution fit together? Is it the point of providing realtime info via digital signage at the physical hubs to provide insights on which transport modi to choose from? Or is there a different common use-case defined?

Could not find the answer in the former activity stream.

Mikkel

Hi all,

I’ve had talks with the relevant department in Aarhus, ie. the Center for Mobility, in order to gauge interest in implementing the “Trafiken.nu” solution in Aarhus. However, the Mobility department is close to start piloting a proprietary mobility-as-a-service platform, as well as an integrated carpool app, working together with a number of surrounding municipalities and a number of private partners. Therefore, their focus is elsewhere, and they are not interested in working with us on this challenge.

I have looked at the data sources on Trafiken.nu together with my boss, and we agreed that there are a lot of very useful data present. I will look into our own data sources to find out how many of these we have in a digital form, and how many we present to the citizens at present on our GIS platform Spatial Suite (http://www.sweco.dk/en/our-offer/it-for-urban-development/spatial-suite/), either in the public-facing version (focus on user friendliness) or the municipality-facing version (focus on authoritative data). We will also check whether the data is open or not.

We are still interested in learning whether it will become possible to implement Trafiken.nu as an open source project or not. But right now Aarhus will not participate actively in this challenge.

Cheers,
Mikkel

claus

From my last conversation with @evdoxia.kouraki & @maria I understand that Gothenburg would be keen to continue working on trafiken.nu & could support replication efforts, but that Johanneberg Science Park will need to shift some budget lines in order to enable this.

From my last conversation with @Are I understand Bergen is currently in the process of a city-wide mobility transformation, but will be interested in replicating trafiken.nu once this is complete (end of summer).

@mikkel has let us know Aarhus city will not participate actively in this challenge.

@chrise68 / @phezoj any updates from Braford?

based on this information I would conclude it may be too early to have a conference call in the next few weeks to discuss concrete next steps (please correct me if I’m mistaken).

Any other discussions for which you would like a call? other discussions/questions related to open data & mobility?

Are

Status update from Bergen covering the following themes:
Internal organisation and open data platform / Mobility hubs Development in Bergen / MaaS Development in Bergen / Travel planning in Bergen (trafiken.nu related)

1. Internal organisation and open data platform
    The city of Bergen will hire a smart city coordinator in the second half of 2018, pending city council decision.
    I have connected with both the responsible leader/unit for smart city work in Bergen, and the relevant IT department in the city to discuss SCORE (how to cooperate, what they can offer of assistance etc).
    The city of Bergen started a new open data platform project in 2017 called “Datasjø” (=Data Sea). I have now connected with the project and have been promised resources and space for SCORE related data on the platform. More information to follow.

2. Mobility hubs Development in Bergen
    Norway’s first mobility hub has its official opening 8th of May in Bergen. By the end of 2018 we hope to open another 3.
    What’s this? Mobility Hubs provide a focal point in the transportation network that seamlessly integrates different modes of transportation, multi-modal supportive infrastructure, and place–making strategies to create activity centers that maximize first–mile last mile connectivity. Read more here: http://www.urbandesignla.com/resources/docs/MobilityHubsReadersGuide/lo/MobilityHubsReadersGuide.pdf and
    http://share-north.eu/topics/mobility-hubs/ (last link is to another Interreg project where Bergen is a member).

3. Mobility as a service (MaaS) development in Bergen
    The city of Bergen has applied for national funds together with the Public transport service provider Skyss and the regional authority (Hordaland Fylkeskommune) for a MaaS Project. Part of the Project will most likely be realized even without these funds. More information will follow.

4. Travel planning in Bergen (trafiken.nu related)
    It turns out there are already work ongoing on a similar travel planner locally. I will connect them with the work that has been put into trafiken.nu, but Bergen’s SCORE content will probably not cover such work.

klantto

Hello Friends.
Have you seen this?
http://c-thedifference.eu/

got this mail: For those of you that have an interest in Cooperative Intelligent Transport Systems, I would like to inform you that the European Project C-the Difference will be holding its final City Twinning workshop on 5 and 6 June in the city of Bordeaux, where you will have the opportunity to experience and discuss the latest developments in urban C-ITS.

The event will showcase lessons learned, testimonies from cities and user experiences (both from Helmond and Bordeaux pilot sites), as well as first results on urban C-ITS benefits, to accelerate full scale deployment in cities. Panel discussions and interactive sessions will address the large scale deployment of these services and how they can deliver expected benefits according to local mobility policy needs such as traffic efficiency, safety and impact on the environment. You will also have the possibility to contribute to draft recommendations and join live demonstrations on public roads in the Bordeaux pilot site.

The workshop is free and open to European cities and road authorities/public operators, for more information and registration, please visit the events section of http://c-thedifference.eu/

brynskov

In close collaboration with the IoT Large Scale Pilots, OASC WG on Mobility etc. It will be in one of the use cases in the AIOTI/OASC webinar May 24. :slight_smile:

Lots of things are going on, so we should really use WP6 to exchange and optimise ecosystem engagement points and opportunities.

Thanks, Kim!

···

On 18 May 2018, at 15.05, Kim Lantto noreply@score.community wrote:

klantto
klantto

Kim Lantto

May 18
Hello Friends.

Have you seen this?

got this mail: For those of you that have an interest in Cooperative Intelligent Transport Systems, I would like to inform you that the European Project C-the Difference will be holding its final City Twinning workshop on 5 and 6 June in the city of Bordeaux, where you will have the opportunity to experience and discuss the latest developments in urban C-ITS.

The event will showcase lessons learned, testimonies from cities and user experiences (both from Helmond and Bordeaux pilot sites), as well as first results on urban C-ITS benefits, to accelerate full scale deployment in cities. Panel discussions and interactive sessions will address the large scale deployment of these services and how they can deliver expected benefits according to local mobility policy needs such as traffic efficiency, safety and impact on the environment. You will also have the possibility to contribute to draft recommendations and join live demonstrations on public roads in the Bordeaux pilot site.

The workshop is free and open to European cities and road authorities/public operators, for more information and registration, please visit the events section of

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

You are receiving this because you enabled mailing list mode.

To unsubscribe from these emails,
click here

klantto

I attended today! good stuff. Sadly ill be missing the IOT in bilbao but all the best to you and stream as much as you can from there.

Are

I was unable to attend the OASC webinar due to another appointment. Was it good? Is there material that can be shared?

brynskov

I let you decide :wink: — it’s available online:
http://oascities.org/re-watch-the-joint-aioti-and-oasc-webinar/

SynchroniCity and the IoT Large Scale Pilots are opening up both open calls and the technical support June 1st (really from June 5th), and working jointly with EUROCITIES KSF, EIP-SCC Lighthouse projects and many more.

So it’s a good moment now to be discussing these things for SCORE as well.

···

On 30 May 2018, at 12.18, Are Børjesson noreply@score.community wrote:

Are

Are Børjesson

May 30
I was unable to attend the OASC webinar due to another appointment. Was it good? Is there material that can be shared?

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

You are receiving this because you enabled mailing list mode.

To unsubscribe from these emails,
click here