A partial archive of https://score.community/ as of Monday March 04, 2024.

Device procurement

sydsimpson

Hi @wburnish,

I’m just putting together a tender for a range of devices but primarily for flow monitoring installations.
As this procedure is new to me I wondered if you have any tips on what to include in the documentation, any areas that I should make sure are covered, and, any pointers on what to ask for in terms of device specification ?

BTW I met up with Pinacl at the IoTUK Challenge last week. Interested in what Bradford are doing and they mentioned that they’re looking to do work for Aberdeen?
We’re probably going to include them on the list of tenderers.

Cheers.

wburnish

Hi Syd
Let me have a look this week. We seem to be going down the LoRawan route with the project. ACC seem to have a massive project one to so with Waste and Smart street Ligthing . SO what was a small floodin gproject is now turning int to a large scale project

sydsimpson

Cheers Will!

Any details will be helpful. LoRaWAN works for us as we already have a couple of gateways in place (but coverage still isn’t as extensive as we need).
It’d be interesting to hear what ACC is doing with waste management and street lights too as these are on our agenda :grinning:

sydsimpson

@wburnish Following our chat during last week’s teleconference I have a link to the EA guidance on flow monitoring:
mcerts minimum requirements for the self monitoring of effluent flow
It covers some useful points to consider when procuring devices.

I thought our wide ranging discussion was really useful and showed just how similar Aberdeen and Bradford’s Smart City aspirations are.

Vbyrne

@sydsimpson Great meeting you and your colleague last week. I took some minutes of our teleconference. Yes there was a lot of similarity in proposals. Please find a minute here. See you next week!

claus

Hi @sydsimpson are you including any specifications/standards for open data in your tender? Including for example data format (eg the columns in your excel sheet) or frequency of measurement? In other words, how are you making sure the data from different (future) sensors will be easy to integrate and is compatible/comparable?

Secondly, if you are renting, are you including any contract clauses on your right to open/publish the data for future reuse?

sydsimpson

Hi Claus,

Yes, very good points!!
Thanks for mentioning them.
We have specified a frequency of measurement and will be ensuring that the IPR / copyright for the data is with the Council. This will allow us to push the data out as open. At this stage we haven’t included a format for the data but shall give that some thought.

brynskov

OASC data models? The OASC Council of Cities (chaired by Bart Rosseau from the City of Ghent who is also EUROCITIES KSF Data Group chair) will vote to adopt the suggested data models in January. There’s a call soon to present them. If you have data models based on good practice that you think should be included, now is the time. Did I mention that they are adopted by the cities, not pushed by industry. :wink:

···

On 16 Oct 2018, at 18.38, Sydney Simpson noreply@score.community wrote:

sydsimpson
sydsimpson

Sydney Simpson

October 16
Hi Claus,

Yes, very good points!!

Thanks for mentioning them.

We have specified a frequency of measurement and will be ensuring that the IPR / copyright for the data is with the Council. This will allow us to push the data out as open. At this stage we haven’t included a format for the data but shall give that some thought.

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

In Reply To

c.mullie
c.mullie

Claus Mullie

October 16
Hi
@sydsimpson
are you including any specifications/standards for open data in your tender? Including for example data format (eg the columns in your excel sheet) or frequency of measurement? In other words, how are you making sure the data from different (future) sensors will be easy to integrate a…

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

You are receiving this because you enabled mailing list mode.

To unsubscribe from these emails,
click here