A partial archive of https://score.community/ as of Monday March 04, 2024.

Hamburg Meeting April 2020 - Preparation

Vbyrne

Hi @HD_Hamburg and @SBK_Hamburg , I am looking to make travel arrangements to Hamburg for the April meeting for myself and @taddario. I know it’s early, but it can be expensive travelling from here with limited options :moneybag::moneybag:! :airplane:

To complete the ACC travel form I need to identify accommodation.

Can arrangements for suitable hotels close to the venue/s be provided in advance of the final agenda?

Thanks

Vincent

HD_Hamburg

Hi @Vbyrne,
the Partner Meeting will take place in Hamburg-Wilhelmsburg at the site of the “Agency of Geoinformation and Surveying”. The adress is Neuenfelder Str. 19, 21109 Hamburg, Deutschland.

There is one hotel just on the other side of the street called “Wälderhaus” (https://www.raphaelhotelwaelderhaus.de/).

Nevertheless, as there is a Train Station in two minutes walk you can also choose a hotel in the city centre.

I hope this helps you.

Best regards
Henning

Juliette

For everyone else curious about the Hamburg meeting and the logistics, the draft agenda will be shared on Friday afternoon!

Vbyrne

Thank You @HD_Hamburg David. We will identify a place close-by.

klantto

Ideas and input for the Hamburg meet.
I want us to refocus on the solution of Citizens science as a service.
I see great potential in this BUT it needs to be developed further to all kinds of areas. THe method, app and university involvement is fantastic but the area or subject is not for every city.
So How can we expand on this idea?

We need to workshop about this. We cant just build and then get on with it. We need to rethink, reuse and reinvent with what we got.

klantto

Another point for Hamburg.
We have gotten some added politically appointed task to work up on.
i work at: The Consumer and Citizens’ Service Commission, Gothenburg.
Im sure you have something similar and solutions already. How can we bring these into Score!?

-Responsibility for local councils and dialogues without a clear connection with the user group or area of ​​responsibility is transferred to the Consumer and Citizens’ Services Committee.

-The Consumer and Citizens’ Service Commission is tasked with continuing to develop the city’s digital democracy work and develop the Gothenburg proposal. Local and digital democracy work must take place in collaboration with one or more social committees. The committee shall investigate how a central citizen’s budget should be designed and able to be set up

-The Consumer and Citizens’ Service Commission is tasked with investigating how citizen panels can be used to engage in dialogue on issues that are important to the city together with My City

-The Consumer and Citizens’ Service Committee is given an ongoing proactive democracy assignment which includes mapping and reporting on democracy and influence

-The responsibility for the citizen’s offices is transferred to the Consumer and Citizens’ Services Committee. Collaboration should take place locally with one or more social committees

-The Consumer and Citizens’ Service Commission is commissioned to investigate and set up local hubs for local influence, dialogues, advice and communication.

These are subjects i must address 2020.
/ kim

sydsimpson

I agree, I think we can go further with this.
Not just by monitoring more environmental concerns, although with climate change these are increasingly relevant, but to be more citizen-centric.

For me the real value of CSaaS is when it is more than just a reporting tool. It needs to have intrinsic value to individuals and communities.

The challenge then, is to identify how such a tool can not only be used to inform municipalities and organisations but how it can enrich a community.
Perhaps it needs to capture the value that social media groups bring to a community. We have seen how useful these can be recently with the terrible flooding in the UK and currently with the Coronavirus crisis.

Maybe a Living Lab approach could be useful in identifying where the real community value lies?

kimsovso

Hi all

Hope you’re doing well and have not personally been impacted by the current situation (apart from maybe spending more time in the home office).

In Aarhus we’re also looking into Citizen Science / Crowd Sensing as a phenomenon and as a toolbox/method for citizen involvement and urban data creation. We’ve secured some initial funding for doing pilot-style work in order to get some hands-on experience with different hardware/app based approaches, target groups, value propositions from working this way and so on.

We have a new climate plan coming up that calls for increased local engagement of citizens in tackling climate change issues and we see CS/CS as a possible tool in this, both as a way of creating new datasets to provide insights into different local/city wide issues or simply as a very hands-on tool to engage in a dialogue with citizens and to get them engaged in tackling the issues.

Would be interesting to share experiences, tools etc.

• Kim