A partial archive of https://score.community/ as of Monday March 04, 2024.

Open Data Forum - Gothenburg

evdoxia.kouraki

Here will be posted material about the “Open Data Forum” initiative in Gothenburg.
Aim is to share information on how we engage citizens, companies and public actors to use open data and create solutions that can make their life better, i.e. smart mobility solutions.

Below you can find the link (in Swedish) of the event on the 2nd of May that will focus on mobility. We will try to have a livestreaming of the event. Results will be shared in SCORE community :slight_smile:

evdoxia.kouraki

A summary of the “Open Data forum” that took place in Gothenburg on the 2nd of May can be found below:

"How open data can create mobility solutions? "

• Forum about open data in Gothenburg

This year’s first workshop about open data attracted over 50 people to Johanneberg Science Park on the 2nd of May. In addition to creative work on mobility, participants also received two really exciting news on the mobility front.

Last year, the city of Gothenburg, in cooperation with Johanneberg Science Park and within the framework of the EU project SCORE, launched a series of workshops focusing on open data. This year, the focus will continue to be twofold: To educate and inform citizens about the regional opportunities with open data, and to support operators to create smart solutions using open data.

This year’s first workshop focused on mobility, which was illustrated by, among other things, waste trucks that also serve as childbike distributors as well as underwater buses that fill double function in the form of classrooms. The one who highlighted these examples was Kim Lantto at the Consumer and Citizenship Service in Gothenburg, and his entire presentation on mobility is featured in a small movie (only in Swedish).

The day was initiated by Anders Frick (analyst focusing on IoT and former journalist), who held a quick course in open data. In addition to tips from the “Open Data - A Guide to Decision Makers” report, several examples of collected data in the form of the air quality measurement site (luftdata.se) and the temperature range (temperatur.nu) were presented.

Prior to the WS, Malin Stoldt gave some examples of digital services created based on open data from the Traffic Office in Gothenburg city. She presented the Gothenburg version of trafiken.nu and informed that within a short time, the mobile app Cykelstaden that visualizes disturbances and obstacles on pedestrian and cycle tracks will be available.

Västtrafik’s CEO, Lars Backström, held also a presentation about Västtrafik’s brand new collaboration with the Parking Company in Gothenburg. The collaboration is based on the fact that selected drivers during a testperiod are given the opportunity to purchase their public transport ticket directly from the app Parkering Göteborg. It might seem as a smal step but according to Lars Backström, it illustrates very clearly what direction Västtrafik and other Swedish public transport companies are about to create i.e. creating APIs for transaction data, which opens for 3rd players to become ”reseller” of tickets.

Torvald Asplund, Project Manager for Trafik Göteborg informed us about Swedish Transport Administration’s APIs and activities that deal with disturbances in the Gothenburg area. In addition, he gave several examples of what social benefits have already been created using the Swedish Transport Administration’s open data (Trafikverket).

During the workshop a four-step model, developed by the British innovation organization Nesta was used. The model contains the following four elements: identify the needs, define who / where / when, define a data product, and describe what data is needed to achieve all above.

Some of the suggestions on data products that came out during the WS, were:
• 3D data that show how buildings looked like i.e. 500 years ago
• Pedestrian density on map
• Absolutely quiet places within a certain radius
• App with i.e. events, weather, traffic, parking spaces
• Residential parking solutions showing parking vacancies

Data required for the suggestions above:
• Persons’ flows similar to today’s vehicle flows
• Real-time data for parking and charging stations
• Number of people on a bus
• Output flows of people, i.e. at the Swedish Fair Building and/or Liseberg Amusement Park
• Amount of cyclists on bike track
• Train and tram data
• Data from public bike pools ”Styr & Ställ”
• Car rental data from carpools i.e. Sunfleet, Move About
• Data on respective means of transport

Mariechoetarp

​Perfect - then I can post it on the website since I thought it was a pity everything was in Swedish!

···

Marie Choe Tarp

Communications

Digital Living Research Center

Aarhus University

Sent: May 15, 2018 2:35 PM

To: Marie Choe Tarp

Subject: [SCORE community] [Work Packages/Living Labs (WP5)] Open Data Forum - Gothenburg

evdoxia.kouraki
evdoxia.kouraki

Eva Kouraki

May 15
A summary of the “Open Data forum” that took place in Gothenburg on the 2nd of May can be found below:

"How open data can create mobility solutions? "

• Forum about open data in Gothenburg
    This year’s first workshop about open data attracted over 50 people to Johanneberg Science Park on the 2nd of May. In addition to creative work on mobility, participants also received two really exciting news on the mobility front.

Last year, the city of Gothenburg, in cooperation with Johanneberg Science Park and within the framework of the EU project SCORE, launched a series of workshops focusing on open data. This year, the focus will continue to be twofold: To educate and inform citizens about the regional opportunities with open data, and to support operators to create smart solutions using open data.

This year’s first workshop focused on mobility, which was illustrated by, among other things, waste trucks that also serve as childbike distributors as well as underwater buses that fill double function in the form of classrooms. The one who highlighted these examples was Kim Lantto at the Consumer and Citizenship Service in Gothenburg, and his entire presentation on mobility is featured in
a small movie (only in Swedish)

The day was initiated by Anders Frick (analyst focusing on IoT and former journalist), who held a quick course in open data. In addition to tips from the “ Open Data - A Guide to Decision Makers” report, several examples of collected data in the form of the air quality measurement site (luftdata.se ) and the temperature range (temperatur.nu) were presented.

Prior to the WS, Malin Stoldt gave some examples of digital services created based on open data from the Traffic Office in Gothenburg city. She presented the Gothenburg version of
trafiken.nu
and informed that within a short time, the mobile app
Cykelstaden
that visualizes disturbances and obstacles on pedestrian and cycle tracks will be available.

Västtrafik’ s CEO, Lars Backström, held also a presentation about Västtrafik’s brand new collaboration with the
Parking Company
in Gothenburg. The collaboration is based on the fact that selected drivers during a testperiod are given the opportunity to purchase their public transport ticket directly from the app
Parkering Göteborg
. It might seem as a smal step but according to Lars Backström, it illustrates very clearly what direction Västtrafik and other Swedish public transport companies are about to create i.e. creating APIs for transaction data, which opens for 3rd players to become ”reseller” of tickets.

Torvald Asplund, Project Manager for
Trafik Göteborg
informed us about
Swedish Transport Administration’s APIs
and activities that deal with disturbances in the Gothenburg area. In addition, he gave several examples of what social benefits have already been created using the Swedish Transport Administration’s open data (Trafikverket).

During the workshop a four-step model, developed by the British innovation organization Nesta was used. The model contains the following four elements: identify the needs, define who / where / when, define a data product, and describe what data is needed to achieve all above.

Some of the suggestions on data products that came out during the WS, were:

• 3D data that show how buildings looked like i.e. 500 years ago

• Pedestrian density on map

• Absolutely quiet places within a certain radius

• App with i.e. events, weather, traffic, parking spaces

• Residential parking solutions showing parking vacancies

Data required for the suggestions above:

• Persons’ flows similar to today’s vehicle flows

• Real-time data for parking and charging stations

• Number of people on a bus

• Output flows of people, i.e. at the Swedish Fair Building and/or Liseberg Amusement Park

• Amount of cyclists on bike track

• Train and tram data

• Data from public bike pools ”Styr & Ställ”

• Car rental data from carpools i.e. Sunfleet, Move About

• Data on respective means of transport

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

You are receiving this because you enabled mailing list mode.

To unsubscribe from these emails,
click here

Mariechoetarp

Do you have any pics from that day?

evdoxia.kouraki

Here you can find some material and photos from the day:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1be9KzZdgforYZs4GrTyoKAO9obuYxJgK

Mariechoetarp

​Thanks:)

···

Marie Choe Tarp

Communications

Digital Living Research Center

Aarhus University

Sent: May 16, 2018 9:27 AM

To: Marie Choe Tarp

Subject: [SCORE community] [Work Packages/Living Labs (WP5)] Open Data Forum - Gothenburg

evdoxia.kouraki
evdoxia.kouraki

Eva Kouraki

May 16
Here you can find some material and photos from the day:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1be9KzZdgforYZs4GrTyoKAO9obuYxJgK

In Reply To

Mariechoetarp
Mariechoetarp

May 16
Do you have any pics from that day?

You are receiving this because you enabled mailing list mode.

To unsubscribe from these emails,
click here

claus

Thanks for the great up @evdoxia.kouraki!

Pedestrian density is something Amsterdam is working on, right @boris & @h.niesing?

If I recall correctly @pjppauwels also mentioned Gent has/wants a ‘cyclist on bike track’ monitoring system & that @Amsterdatamas was working to open data from traffic wardens (particularly the cars that scan licence plates) to get real-time maps of parking spots…

sydsimpson

Coincidentally @Adrian and I have just been in a discussion about enabling Bradford’s existing CCTV cameras to be used to assess on street parking availability :slightly_smiling_face:

evdoxia.kouraki

Hi @claus!

Hi Claus,

Hope you are doing well!

We are organizing our 2nd Open Data Forum together with the City of Gothenburg which will take place on the 11th October, 9-12 o’clock. This will be a continuation of the 1st forum with focus on “How Open Data can create mobility solutions” that took place in May. Focus of these forum series is twofold: To educate and inform citizens about the regional opportunities with open data, and to support operators to create smart solutions using open data.

During the 2nd forum, we are planning to continue with mobility as a theme and use the app Traffiken.nu as a case study for discussion. We would also like to inform the participants more about SCORE project and the questions/challenges/solutions that the Mobility Working Group is focusing on.

@klantto and myself thought that it will be great if you can join via Skype and make a short presentation as an intro to the forum. Let us know what do you think about this! Will you be available ?

Best,
Eva

claus

Hi @evdoxia.kouraki and @klantto - great idea!! But perhaps it would more interesting to have someone from Gent/Hamburg/Amsterdam present what their city is doing with open data?

@timvanachte, @PhilippeDB, @Amsterdatamas or @nicole.schubbe?

evdoxia.kouraki

Hi again,

We would like to have someone that can introduce SCORE project to the participants.

Of course would it also be interesting if someone from Amsterdam/Ghent/Hamburg can present what their city is doing with open data and what they are aiming to do in SCORE project within mobility :slight_smile:

Looking forward to receive response if any of you is available to join on the 11/10 via Skype.

Best,
Eva

h.niesing

Hi Eva,

Check this about Amsterdam and e-mobility:

Greets, Hugo

evdoxia.kouraki

Great! Thank you @h.niesing and @claus

I think will be good if Claus or Hugo can give a short introduction about SCORE project and an overview of Working Groups with focus on the mobility group. This can last around 15 minutes. Then we can show some inspiring examples from Amsterdam and/or Ghent like the video that Hugo sent :slight_smile:

Is that OK with you?

Best,
Eva

evdoxia.kouraki

Hi @claus !

I just wanted to confirm your availability on the 11th of October (09:50 - 10:00).
We would like you to participate online at our Open Data Forum via Skype or another online tool and present SCORE (aim, partners, working groups, focus on mobility, solutions/ideas already been discussed) for 10 min. We are planning to book a timeslot for you in the program between 9:50-10:00.

The program for the 11th October so far:
8:30 Arrival and check in
9:00 Mobility and open data, examples from other cities, are presented by Anders Frick
9:50 The project SCORE - Smart Cities and Open data RE-use, presented by Claus Mullie, Bax & Company
10.00 Introduction to the Trafiken.nu app, presented by Malin Stoldt, Traffic Office, City of Gothenburg
10.15 Coffee break
10.30 Workshop - Improvement Opportunities of the Trafiken.nu app including communicative aspects and user experience
11.30 Sum up and next steps
12.00 Lunchwrap with the possibility of networking

Best,
Eva

claus

FYI all - we picked this up bilaterally.

We had a discussion that it would be nicer to have a city that wants to reuse Traffiken.nu to a) present SCORE (briefly) and then b) focus on how they are keen to replicate (learnings from) Traffiken.nu.

We thought it would be more inspiring for the participants to think how their contributions will/might also help other cities beyond Sweden, rather than focusing solely on the project.

@Are or @SBK_Hamburg - something you’d like to do?

SBK_Hamburg

Hi @claus,

it’s a good idea and we agree that it would be more inspiring.

However, from our side it is not finally decided which parts may be used and how to replicate learnings from Traffiken.nu. But we would like to discuss this idea further with you in a phone call.
Would Monday ,1st October suits you? We are quite flexibel on that day, so please let me know if you could arrange a time slot for Monday.

Best regards,
Samaneh

evdoxia.kouraki

Hi @SBK_Hamburg!

Great to hear that you are interested to replicate leaarning from Trafiken.nu and present during our Öppna Data Forum.

We can have a phone call on Monday, 1st October at 11:00-11.45 with you and Malin Stoldt @malinstoldt since she is ITS project leader at Gothenburg Traffic Administration and responsible for Trafiken.nu. Kim Lantto @klantto from Gothenburg Citizens Digital Office might be able to join as well.

Just let me know if the time suits you so I can arrange if we have the call via phone or Skype.
@Are @claus you are of course more than welcome to join the call!

Best,
Eva

SBK_Hamburg

Hi @evdoxia.kouraki,

your suggested time slot for Monday is fine for us.

Basically, it’s not a problem to give the presentation.

However, please consider that we need to have more information on the set-up and on a potential usage of Trafiken.nu. Before making a final decision we need to clarify these issues on Monday.

Please send us the invitation. My colleague Henning David @HD_Hamburg will join the call.

Best regards,
Samaneh