A partial archive of https://score.community/ as of Monday March 04, 2024.

Proposal for webinar series!

claus

Webinar series

Hi community!

@Boris and I would like to propose a series of interview/webinars. We think this will help all of us here build a common understanding of SCORE’s opportunities and hurdles, as well as help disseminate knowledge and kick-start conversations between partners.

These webinars would be open to all partners willing/able to join, but also recorded for the benefit of everyone and turned into blogs for further dissemination. The conversation started during the call could then continue here on the community.

We are imagining something along the lines of:

‘Interviews’: A discussion with invited speakers about key SCORE related subjects. Something along the lines of 5 min intro, 20 min presentation, 5 min question round, 10 min responses, 20 min open floor (60 min total).

‘Panel discussions’: In which we invite 3 speakers from other similar initiatives to share their experiences. Something along the lines of 5 min intro, 8 min each speaker, 10 min discussion between panel, round of questions, 10 min answers, round of questions, 10 min answers, open discussion (90 min total)

Structure: We could have one every 2 weeks starting mid June (but not in August) Friday morning at 11. Both could be hosted/moderated by me & directly linked to activities the partners are doing.

Our initial ideas include:

Interviews

• @Boris - What is open source software?
  • @brynskov - How can and why should cities collaborate when investing in technology?
  • @brynskov - What are minimum interoperability mechanisms, how can you get involved in Synchronicity and how can you take up the OASC recommended interoperability specifications?
  • @Boris - What existing open source projects in cities can we learn from?
  • @c.mullie - How can we include open source in our procurements when working service providers?

Panel Discussion

• Berent (City of Amsterdam), Bart (City of Gent), Bo (OS2 Foundation) - Round table discussion on the value of open source for cities
  • @brynskov + 2 invitations (?) - What have we learnt from Synchronicity in organising long term collaboration between cities?

What we want to hear from you

• Do you think this is a good idea?
  • What other topics would you like to learn about & who else could we speak to?

Boris and I thought perhaps:

• domain specific (water/traffic) open source projects,
  • how to hire and manage freelance developers,
  • how to make the business case for open source (to your management),
  • how to design ‘replicable by default’,
  • guidelines to evaluate the ‘openness’ of a solution (data, code) and how it fits in to your administration (integrating w/ past, current & future systems)
brynskov

I’m in.

···

On 25 May 2018, at 19.43, Claus Mullie noreply@score.community wrote:

c.mullie
c.mullie

Claus Mullie

May 25

Webinar series

Hi community!

@Boris and I would like to propose a series of interview/webinars. We think this will help all of us here build a common understanding of SCORE’s opportunities and hurdles, as well as help disseminate knowledge and kick-start conversations between partners.

These webinars would be open to all partners willing/able to join, but also recorded for the benefit of everyone and turned into blogs for further dissemination. The conversation started during the call could then continue here on the community.

We are imagining something along the lines of:

‘Interviews’ : A discussion with invited speakers about key SCORE related subjects. Something along the lines of 5 min intro, 20 min presentation, 5 min question round, 10 min responses, 20 min open floor (60 min total).

‘Panel discussions’ : In which we invite 3 speakers from other similar initiatives to share their experiences. Something along the lines of 5 min intro, 8 min each speaker, 10 min discussion between panel, round of questions, 10 min answers, round of questions, 10 min answers, open discussion (90 min total)

Structure: We could have one every 2 weeks starting mid June (but not in August) Friday morning at 11. Both could be hosted/moderated by me & directly linked to activities the partners are doing.

Our initial ideas include:

Interviews

• @Boris - What is open source software?
  • @brynskov - How can and why should cities collaborate when investing in technology?
  • @brynskov - What are minimum interoperability mechanisms, how can you get involved in Synchronicity and how can you take up the OASC recommended interoperability specifications?
  • @Boris - What existing open source projects in cities can we learn from?
  • @c.mullie - How can we include open source in our procurements when working service providers?

Panel Discussion

• Berent (City of Amsterdam), Bart (City of Gent), Bo (OS2 Foundation) - Round table discussion on the value of open source for cities
  • @brynskov + 2 invitations (?) - What have we learnt from Synchronicity in organising long term collaboration between cities?

What we want to hear from you

• Do you think this is a good idea?
  • What other topics would you like to learn about & who else could we speak to?
    Boris and I thought perhaps:
  • domain specific (water/traffic) open source projects,
  • how to hire and manage freelance developers,
  • how to make the business case for open source (to your management),
  • how to design ‘replicable by default’,

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

You are receiving this because you enabled mailing list mode.

To unsubscribe from these emails,
click here

claus

Some more ideas for webinars:

• @HansF, @turegjorup and someone from Amsterdam - What are the technical challenges and limitations when collaboratively developing replicable solutions for cities?
  • @klantto, @michelle and @pjppauwels - Something on what cities can learn from each other re opening their data?

@brynskov & @Mariechoetarp - seeing as these bridge WP 2 and WP 6, would this be something you could lead re organisation & set up?

I’d be happy to prepare agendas based on feedback I gather from partners and steer the conversation based on next steps for SCORE.

Crazy idea - we could even have them in a radio talk show style format and turn them into a podcast series?

brynskov

In short: yes. Let’s hammer out the details in/right after Bilbao.

Cheers,

M

···

On 28 May 2018, at 17.23, Claus Mullie noreply@score.community wrote:

c.mullie
c.mullie

Claus Mullie

May 28
Some more ideas for webinars:

• @HansF,
    @turegjorup
    and someone from Amsterdam - What are the technical challenges and limitations when collaboratively developing replicable solutions for cities?
  • @klantto,
    @michelle
    and
    @pjppauwels
    - Something on what cities can learn from each other re opening their data?
    @brynskov &
    @Mariechoetarp
    - seeing as these bridge WP 2 and WP 6, would this be something you could lead re organisation & set up?

I’d be happy to prepare agendas based on feedback I gather from partners and steer the conversation based on next steps for SCORE.

Crazy idea - we could even have them in a radio talk show style format and turn them into a podcast series?

click here

pjppauwels

Is your audience mainly internal or external?
Had really good results with (the proprietary) Zoom.us.

Very stable connections, decent bitrate. Hosted a webinar in 2016 with the Council of the European Union for the Diplohack hackathon series with me as director in Ghent, speakers in Brussels, Luxemburg and Strassbourg. Worked like a charm, no fallout, everything transitioned smoothly. Audio worked 100% of the time, directors could mute speakers, determine which camera was on screen and manage the written questions.
AFAIK a lot of the open source alternatives are conference meeting tools, hardly any webinar tool (like Jitsi for example).

PJ

brynskov

We use GoToMeeting / GoToWebinar, as in the latest AIOTI/OASC one.

···

On 30 May 2018, at 09.29, Pieter-Jan Pauwels noreply@score.community wrote:

pjppauwels
pjppauwels

Pieter-Jan Pauwels

Regular

May 30
Is your audience mainly internal or external?

Had really good results with (the proprietary)
Zoom.us

Very stable connections, decent bitrate. Hosted a webinar in 2016 with the Council of the European Union for the Diplohack hackathon series with me as director in Ghent, speakers in Brussels, Luxemburg and Strassbourg. Worked like a charm, no fallout, everything transitioned smoothly. Audio worked 100% of the time, directors could mute speakers, determine which camera was on screen and manage the written questions.

AFAIK a lot of the open source alternatives are conference meeting tools, hardly any webinar tool (like Jitsi for example).

PJ

click here

Are

This sounds really helpful, especially internally in the city administration, but even for external communication.

pjppauwels

Would love to be in the open source panel thingy. For open data, the city of more knowledgable on that, or at least it is their core task description :slight_smile: not mine. Also transnational development and agile development is an interesting topic.

PJ

claus

Sure, we could swap you around with Bart?

A session on transnational agile development sounds good

My idea re audience was: perhaps start with the core questions we are trying to answer for SCORE, with SCORE partners + colleagues participating, but keeping the conversation generic enough that it also becomes a resource for other interested parties.

What do you think of this? Feasible/practical?

claus

Hi all!

Just to confirm we have three webinars planned for after the summer (+ a teleconference).

• Thursday September 13, 11am CET - Partnership telco to prepare for the next physical meeting
  • Thursday September 20, 11am CET - Webinar: Open Source 101 (with @Boris and @pjppauwels)
  • Thursday October 4, 12am CET - Webinar: SCORE & OASC: Standards and interoperability (hosted by @brynskov)
  • Thursday November 8, 14.30pm CET - Webinar: Linked Open Data (with @dhaval)

All leading up to our physical meeting in Gent, October 23-25th.

Look forward to seeing you all there!

EDIT: time change to November 8, 14.30pm CET CET for linked open data