A partial archive of https://score.community/ as of Monday March 04, 2024.

:briefcase: Sensors systems collaboration demonstration Suitcase

Boris

Shall we set up a working group for the great idea by @klantto to colloboratively create a ‘suitcase’ filled with sensors and a ‘smart’ system to demonstrate to stakeholders what IoT is and how we can collaborate on this?

Who is up for contributing to this project?

Meanwhile, I was at MozFest this weekend where I ran into the people from Samsung Open Source and Mozilla IoT that had a suitcase with sensors with them to demonstrate IoT. Their suitcase had light sensors, moisture sensors (in a plant), sound sensors and an air quality sensor, on ‘prototyping boards’ linked together with the Mozilla IoT gateway. This seemed like a good way to get going.

klantto

Thats great!
What more can we learn from their suitcases? Is there somewhere we can track it and learn?

@brynskov @kseniia

kseniia

Boris, Kim, all,
Aarhus University team will try and track the suitcases at the Smart City Expo. Please join.

klantto

Great. Have you started building our suitcase yet? @kseniia

HansF

We built something like this a few years back:
https://wiki.hsbxl.be/The_Wandering_Star

Personally I see no value in this suitcase. it’ a nice to have, but it will distract from the fact that this project isn’t moving along as it should and will burn resources which have to be applied on more urgent matters.

Let’s stop the development of things for the project’s sake and try to get into the next phase of developing for our cities based on needs identified by wp3.

kseniia

No, we have not.:upside_down_face:

klantto

Hello! Kseniia.

WIll you be able to build this suitcase?
If yes, When will that be?
/ kim

kseniia

Hello Kim,

Thank you for following up and apologies I have not yet - the suitcase is on my agenda, just wanted to leave all the fun for the holiday season really.

I suggest that I propose a setup here, and we all discuss/tweak. My preliminary sense is that several small IoT projects, possibly along with separate functioning sensors as in Mozilla’s, could demonstrate what IoT is on a micro level but also how it gains more power and meaning once parts are connected to work together. Having written this, I see it sounds metaphoric.

As for the specific deadlines, I am thinking to have a proposal ready in January and the actual thing built by the next partnership meeting in Aarhus. We are deciding on the exact dates for this meeting, but a preliminary schedule says April. With such timeline, we could plan, discuss, choose the components, build and even polish a bit before we set the suitcase free to travel and embrace further transformation.:robot:

Do you have other thoughts or an earlier date when it would be good to have it?

kseniia

A brief update on this: we at Aarhus University are considering to have a smart city in a briefcase. Taking this smart home box by iMinds as an inspiration, we would have a familiar context on a surface level and a smart infrastructure underneath. Makes sense?

klantto

Looks great! Go for it.

Avi_Amsterdam

Hi everyone,

As you may have seen in the other groups, there is now a factsheet for each solution working group to make sure we can coordinate and communicate between the groups.
Can you please fill in what you are working on ( as lead, co-developer or follower ) in the fact sheet format that we adopted?
It is a very short exercise, and crucial for everyone to get an overview on what SCORE groups are doing.

Here is the link:

Cheers,
Avi

kseniia

Tiny smart city in the making.

klantto

Looks great! anything you need help with?

kseniia

Thank you, Kim. We will do our best until the meeting in Aarhus and then ask for all the help and advice. Looking forward to catching up with Gothenburg and all!

claus

Unfortunately it’s blurry, but here’s a great pic of people eagerly checking out the suitcase!

ps: I have created a separate category for this thread under solution working groups.

klantto

Thank you @claus for this picture of my fantastic hair line. :slight_smile:

klantto

@Janne Hej! Who is taking care of this suitcase so that we get it going around every city?

brynskov

You’re next.
:wink:
The comms meetings have actually discussed this.

Can Janne follow up with you directly?

···

From: Kim Lantto via SCORE community noreply@score.community
Reply to: SCORE community discourse.score.community+bca7c26c50197b67db4b17f681ffd9c3@gmail.com
Date: Monday, 14 October 2019 at 10.55
To: Martin Brynskov brynskov@cavi.au.dk
Subject: [SCORE community] [Solution Working Groups/IoT Sensor Suitcase]
:briefcase: Sensors systems collaboration demonstration Suitcase

klantto
Kim Lantto

October 14

@Janne Hej! Who is taking care of this suitcase so that we get it going around every city?

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

You are receiving this because you enabled mailing list mode.

To unsubscribe from these emails,
click here

klantto

@brynskov @Janne Brilliant Just my thinking. Ill have it until next meeting. Re-think it and re wamp it.

brynskov

···

Martin Brynskov, Ph.D.

Associate professor, interaction technologies, Aarhus University

Chair, Open & Agile Smart Cities // oascities.org

Director, Centre for Digital Transformation in Cities and Communities // DITCOM.au.dk

Tel. (+45) 3068 0424

More info: http://linkedin.com/in/brynskov

On 14 Oct 2019, at 13.40, Kim Lantto via SCORE community noreply@score.community wrote:

klantto

Kim Lantto

October 14
@brynskov

@Janne
Brilliant Just my thinking. Ill have it until next meeting. Re-think it and re wamp it.

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

You are receiving this because you enabled mailing list mode.

To unsubscribe from these emails,
click here